Sunday, May 20, 2007

Be it ever so humble


This photo was taken in an English garden a couple years ago and just leaves the door open to so many possibilities. Excuse the metaphor, but I love this picture and the memories behind it and thought I'd share it here. It has nothing to do with the piece of real estate listed below. It's just my happy place for day dreaming.

Every once and awhile, I dream of larger spaces and a house of my own, exploring options for settling in the Berkshires. I find myself picking up realtor guides at the local market and borrowing back issues of Country Living from my daughter. I am not yet ready to make the move from apartment to house ownership but now I may have to think twice. How did I miss this one? Practically in my back yard. Princess Sophie and Princess Hannah could have their very own Pretty Pony and private turret …

I’ll have to play the lottery. Sometimes dreams do come true.

4 comments:

S said...

Oh, that's a funny one. I read about this castle yesterday.

It used to be a private school. Can you imagine how much fun its students had in its halls?

It's as I'd imagine the pupils at Hogwarts to feel...

The Mater said...

LOL Did you notice the school is currently being occupied by kids with behavioral problems? Eek! Talk about positive reinforcement for negative outcome.

Reform school never looked so good!

Anonymous said...

If you buy it can I have a room? I've always wanted to live in a castle. I'll be the court jester!

Anonymous said...

I vote we all go in on it together. I call the dungeon!