Friday, March 14, 2008

Let's face it

Here I am on the eve of another birthday, a year away from Medicare and certainly ready for Weight Watchers. It's been a hard year but nothing's been nipped and tucked.

In the meantime, Jenn and her 35-something mommy bloggers are playing the self-portrait truthiness game and I took a peek. Here's how the game works: you dare a fellow blogger to take a candid photo, no make-up, let it all hang out, and post online. What I saw were a lot of beautiful faces who don't have a thing to hide. These are cute patooties but somehow they need to be reassured. Ah, youth. Not only are these women cute, they are bright and witty too.

I've decided to play their silly game and give some advice ...


Don't worry about middle age: you'll outgrow it.
--Laurence Peter


I have everything now that I had twenty years ago, except now it's all lower.
--Gypsy Rose Lee

Let me share a few more ...

Just remember, once you're over the hill, you begin to pick up speed.
--Charles Schulz

When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day.
--Marty Bucella

The trick is growing up without growing old.
--Casey Stengel

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.
--Abraham Sutzkever

Everyone is the age of their heart.
--Guatemalan saying

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youth is wasted on the young!
-George Bernard Shaw


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATER!!

Anonymous said...

You're your usual gorgeous, vivacious self. I should have it so good in the future!

I love you! Happy birthday with huge love from your daughter. xoxoxoxo

BOSSY said...

No wonder you posted your nekkid face so willingly - you awake with cherry-kissed lips!

Did somebody say "birthday"? Happy happy.

Patti McCracken said...

Happy Birthday!!!